“If your spine is inflexibly stiff at 30, you are old. If it is completely flexible at 60, you are young.” Joseph H Pilates
The Pilates Sanctuary Studio is a fully equipped intimate studio located at Balance Performance Physiotherapy. Pilates developed his studio equipment to create resistance and to facilitate movement.
The benefits of Studio work are:
- You will be individually assessed and a programme developed with your teacher to address your individual needs
- Smaller groups mean more individual attention
- If have an injury/particular reason for coming you can address it more efficiently
- Improve Posture
- Improve breath
- Facilitate Spinal mobility and full body movement
- Isolation of muscle groups and joints for a targeted approach
- Working with spring resistance means you can target areas more specifically and work with more load
- Greater repertoire of exercises
- More adaptable to different conditions, to create greater or lesser challenges
- Appropriate for all stages of pregnancy
- Quicker results are achieved
- Studio work is for absolutely everyone, from complete beginners or injured people to athletes or dancers
Group sessions have up to 5 people in them. You can also do private sessions in the studio. All sessions last for 1 hour. If you are coming because of injury or have any particular issues you need addressing, we may ask you to have an initial private session before joining group classes.
Studio sessions take place:
Monday – Thursday:
7.30am – 9pm
8am – 5pm
8am – 3pm
Semi private sessions (4-5 people) are £35 for a single session, £150 for a block of 5 classes (save £25) or £290 for 10 classes (save £60).
Private sessions are £75 for a single session or £350 for a block of 5 classes (save £25) or £690 for a block of 10 classes (save £60).
Duet sessions are £85 for a single session or £400 for a block of 5 classes (save £25) or £790 for a block of 10 classes (save £60).
All blocks of classes must be used within a 12 week period. Please note we have a 48 hour cancellation policy.
Balance Performance Physiotherapy, 113 Gauden Road, London SW4 6LE
Please note: We cannot take card payments, we take cash, cheque or bank transfer only. All studio sessions require 48 hours cancellation otherwise the full cost may be charged.